Bio of the artist
Since his debut album The Middle Way, Los Angeles based singer/songwriter/performer/producer Shane Alexander has shaped a distinctive career for himself.
Touring the US and 11 other countries – both as a headliner, and as support for Bon Iver, Jewel, John Hiatt, Suzanne Vega, Seal, Styx and Yes,
the fiercely independent artist has developed a loyal international fanbase, licensed his original music to appear in over 100 television shows, films and commercials,
and recently crossed 16 million streams on Spotify.
In 2016 Alexander opened Buddhaland Studios, a beautiful multi-purpose recording, video, performance and writing space in Southern California. After completing his self-produced
6th solo album Bliss at Buddhaland, he went on to produce Shelby Figueroa’s debut Highwire – which hit #1 on Amazon’s singer/songwriter chart.
On Oct 2, in direct response to the tragic and senseless mass-shooting in Las Vegas, Shane wrote and recorded the new single “I’ll Be Here” – releasing it only days later.
What he shares on this episode
The struggle is real for most independent artists. You can really drown in the music industry especially since it has experienced such a drastic change over the last few decades. Its almost imperative that we are able to equip ourselves not just in our art but also to manage our brand.
There’s a million ways to get your music heard but it’s always good to have someone in the mix. Maintain a high standard and put a lot of music out there, you never know what will be successful and most importantly establish relationships in the Industry so they know what you’re doing and you’re in the loop.
On this episode
- How to get your songs featured on movies and tv shows.
- How he found his agent.
- What he learnt from touring with the stars.
- How he found sponsors for the big tour.
- His take on Social media.
- What he learnt from working for a management company?
- cultivate relationships – talk to people
- If opportunities arise you need to be absolutely professional and humble. Be great and be cool, good things will follow.
- In the independent game you need to have a team together.
- Your online profile is a blank page you can do whatever you want with it. You have to watch what you say and what you do. It’s your best chance to reach people.
- Avoid things that don’t make you look good.
- Don’t suck and don’t quit.
- Figure out to way to be undeniably good.
- Work with people that you believe in.
Connecting with the artist
Website : http://www.shanealexandermusic.com
Look for new music to solo music to be released first quarter of 2018.
Find Shane on Instagram and Facebook at SHANEALEXANDERMUSIC