Bio of the artist:
Carlos has an entrepreneur background and nearly 20 years of experience working with independent musicians. His focus is on artists businesses developments. He founded Schwilly Family Musicians, a community for teaching musicians how to connect with superfans and take ownership of their careers outside the constraints of the music industry. After spending several years working with musicians to develop sustainable long-term business models in support of their careers. Carlos now focuses on teaching entrepreneurial skills to independent musicians through their Musicpreneur Apprentice Program.
What he shares in this episode:
Who has not struggle of putting out their music out there? It is every musician’s dream to finally land a deal and release their album so everyone in the world can hear their creations.
This is what Carlos and Ariane talked about in today’s episodes. They dive deep on what is crowdfunding and how to use it properly. Carlos provided all creatives listeners the principles he used to reach his stature. Enjoy today’s episode as we all learn how to connect with people that resonates with your music.
In this episode of the Creator Mindset Podcast:
- Story of Schwilly Family Musicians
- What is musicpreneur mindset
- Discover the Four Pillars of having MusicPreneur Mindset
- Know the Four principles that Carlos used to reach his successful career
- Find out how crowdfunding can work for you
- How to have an entrepreneur mindset as a musician
- You don’t have to be a superstar to make a living, just connect with enough fans that get your music
- In order to build a career for yourself, you have to take on the role of a business owner
- The core of being a musicpreneur is coming from this perspective of the business owner. It means not doing everything yourself but understanding how everything works so that you can assign tasks to various people
- The most important thing you can spend money on is education
- Your ego is your enemy
- If you think that after practicing so many hours and developing so much skill as a musician, that someone owes you a career; you’re gonna lead a very disappointed life
- What will set you apart is who you are and why you do what you do
- If you can create a community that’s exclusive to the type of people that you resonate, you’ve got a goldmine
Ego Is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday