The journey of an aspiring writer
Marie-Josée has 20 years of experience in sales and customer service, she got back to school in the year 2014 to study early child education and has a degree in Philanthropy. Marie-Josée runs a business from home and has a daughter of nine years.
This episode is a coaching session in conversation with aspiring writer Marie-Josée. She has always wanted to write a book that is an inspiration and tool for early childhood development. This episode includes some simple steps that you can take as a writer, artist or musician to get started and draw attention to your work.
On this episode:
- How Marie-Josée came up with the idea of writing a book? What was the inspiration?
- What are some of the challenges she faces?
- Ways to create a fan base and get started.
- How to create a blog?
- Some social media platforms you could use to publicise your work.
- You need to have a plan: for example, themes you want to write about on your blog.
- Take action on your idea.
- Decide on a schedule and start writing.
- For every article you write, create an image. You can then use this image to publicise your article.
- Get people to read and review your work.
- Be consistent and authentic.