Bio of the artist:
Nayanna Holley is an L.A. based Singer-Songwriter and Vocal/Performance Coach. She has served as a backing singer on American Idol and The Voice. Major tours have included Selena Gomez, Sheryl Crow, Robin Thicke, Allen Stone, Johnny Hallyday and Robbie Williams. Her YouTube Channel, “The Practice Room” provides insider tips on singing, auditioning, music business and health&wellness for the working musician. Nayanna earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Jazz Studies from Western Michigan University.
What the artist shares on the episode:
Nayanna has been in the backing vocal industry for over ten years now. She spent the first half of 2017 on her third entertainment show album tour with Robbie Williams, during the tour she has taken time off to speak with us and gives us more perspective into the world of background singing as well as the industry in general.
In this episode
- How to get into the Background Singing industry and stay there
- What I’ve learned from working with some of the biggest names in the industry
- Practical Vocal Technique, Vocal Health & Lifestyle tips to keep you thriving as a working singer
Takeaways from this episode:
- Work on yourself and your craft with diligence keeping longevity in mind. Give it your all.
- Networking – always think about you can offer rather than what you can get from the other person
- Don’t forget your roots, be punctual, courteous and respectful
- Be prepared for the job even before you get it
How to connect with the guest: