Bio of the artist:
Kimberly Larkin is the vocal teacher for the Musical Theatre Department at Long Island High School for the Arts in New York. She holds a Master of Vocal Performance Concentration Musical Theatre from NYU. She studied both voice and piano and finished Bachelor of Art in Music Education from Aaron Copland School of Music at Queens College. She teaches in many schools and directs summer programs in the New York City area resulting in students that are highly successful. Kimberly is currently studying voice with renowned Broadway actress-singer Judith blazer.
What she shares in this episode:
What if you don’t discover you have a talent for singing? No one knows that you can hit a note and sing like most popular singers can. This is what happens to Kimberly. She started late on taking voice lessons. She was around 20 to 21 when she decided to study singing seriously. After two-three voice coaches, she found the right fit with Sherry.
In this episode of the Creator Mindset Podcast:
- How to find the right voice teacher for you
- Remember the joy of singing
- Kimberly shared the proper ways to cut ties with your voice teacher
- Discovering your inner talent is never too late
- Why is it essential to have a vocal coach
- Steps on how to find the right vocal coach
- The right question to ask to qualify your voice teacher
- Find out why it is important for a teacher to perform
Links mentioned in this Episode:
How to connect with Kimberly: