Jae Cabrera is a singer – songwriter with a soulful and energetic style that blends R&B and pop. He started in the New York music scene at a very young age and has worked with labels as well as booking and promoting his own show in the underground scene.
In this day and age when people are most active on social media, being able to use this tool can be vital for budding musicians. In this episode Jae talks about the most frequently asked questions when it comes to making it big on Instagram and other musically oriented social media platforms like sound cloud and spotify.
Owing to his own rise to popularity from a few thousand followers to a rapidly increasing twenty thousand followers over a short span of time, Jae shares with us the details of the process and also speaks about the opportunities that have come his way since his rise to fame on Instagram.
In this Episode:
- How it started for Jae Cabrera. His personal experience.
- Strategy to being able to use Instagram effectively to promote your music and yourself as an artist.
- The process. Song selection, duration, tools for recording and filming.
- What to keep in mind as musicians on social media platforms.
- Hashtags – do some research, find out what are the most commonly used hashtags that fit your preference and style of music. This is the key to drawing attention on Instagram.
- Find your niche.
- Solid content and performance. Always put your best performance forward.
- Be Consistent.
- Create an anticipation with your followers. Find out what works with your audience.
- Engage with your followers, reciprocate the support you receive. This creates a sense of closeness and establishes a community.
- Finally, just put yourself out there and be proactive.